Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 4 - Winter solstice

Tuesday 22nd June, 2010
I spent most of the winter solstice in bed.
I popped a couple of codeine-based pain pills in the morning (Aunt Flo she was a-visiting) and promptly had an anaphylactic reaction to them.
My throat swelled up, as did my lips, cheeks and face. I was covered in hives. I was so swollen I looked like Jocelyn Wildenstein.
I took to bed with an old-school Stephen King novel and a cup of chamomile tea, and waited for the swelling to subside.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's scary...how awful. Hope you have recovered. You are lucky it wasn't more serious. Stay away from those pain pills friend! ;) x
    Oh and I'm liking this new space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not good when the pain pills cause more pain. hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...