Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 5 - Court

I work at the courts.

I'm a journalist, but don't hold that against me - I actually strive for accuracy and balance in my stories.

It's very easy to hate the media - I totally understand, as there are days when I hate the media too - but we're not all pieces of shit.

I've been covering the trial of Jayant Patel. For 14 weeks. The jury will go out today to deliberate. I cannot express my relief.

Because of this trial I now know more about oesophagectomies, colectomies and other medical procedures to do with the bum and chest than anyone other than surgeons should know.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds very stressful :(

    for some reason i thought that you worked with children...

    i baked the milo biscuits and they were/are very yum and my bum is growing as i eat ;)

    x robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completed my primary teaching degree last year, Robyn, but have not been able to use it yet as I've been a bit too lazy to register in QLD.
    It's on the to-do list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i understand ;)

    today we are baking milo biscuits again as they have been a hug hit... slight variation to this time as we're out of white sugar so using brown and also a little less of everything, but still very yummy... thank you for this easy delicious sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...